Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Net worth:  Somewhere in the ball park of -$250k, well, maybe.

I never thought about my "net worth" until recently.  You could say I was just one of those people who just passed through life, always dreaming, never doing.  Then one night my wife and I watched Julie and Julia.  Now, I'm not going to say that the movie inspired me to change my life, other movies have had much more of an impact on my life and I still failed to change my ways.  However, Julie and Julia did inspire me to look back at my desire to write, especially in a forum where it didn't matter much because nobody would be reading it anyway.  At least, not for awhile.

The next obvious step in the progression was the idea.  Like the movie, I want to write a blog in journal style, blogging about my day to day or weekly activities.  Every post, I will share my advancements towards my goal of one million dollars.  I encourage my readers, if any, to share their stories, advise, encouragement, or comments with me.  But let me make one thing clear, this is not an attempt at a get rich quick scheme.  I am not asking for hand outs, charity, etc.  My journey is one that my wife and I must make together through hard work.  In the words of Dave Ramsey, "Live like no one else so you can live like no one else."

T.O.

No comments:

Post a Comment